The Haryana Sarasvati Heritage Development Board has organised “International Sarasvati Mahotsav-2020 (ISM-20)” from 27th -29th January, 2020, it was an ideal platform to show the rich heritage and history of the Sarasvati River on the bank of which all of the ancient scriptures including the Vedas and Upanishads were written. The event showcased the history of Sarasvati River & its Heritage, ongoing projects engaged tourists and residents.
Structure of event: 27th -29th January, 2020:
ISM-20 was of 3 days long event to showcase the rich heritage of the sacred River Sarasvati on a single platform. This event was organised at Adi Badri and Pehowa Tirath. On all 3 days activities/ events was scheduled from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM. The event was open to public and entry was free. There were several major attractions of events same are listed below:
Saras Mela: 27th to 29th January, 2020
- Inauguration:The Inauguration of Saras Mela was organized on 27th January, 2020 with Havan,Sarasvati Vandana, Chanting of Shalokas by local school students at Pehowa Tirath.
- Mela: Three days Saras Mela was organized at Pehowa Tirath with about 100 stalls of Handicrafts.
- There were Commercial Stalls, Book Exhibition Stalls and Exhibition on Sarasvati by various Central /State Government Departments & Organizations.
- Day cultural programme was organized in all three days of Saras Mela.
- Competitions: Organized different competitions for General Public like singing, dancing and recital of ancient scriptures, essay writing and debate.
- Painting Competition was organized, the local resident/students participated.
- The Two hours Cultural Evening programme was organized from 27th-28th, January, 2020.
- Exhibition:The exhibition was organized during Saras Mela by the agencies namely:
- The Exhibition by HSHDB displaying the Heritage of Sarasvati River included depiction of following:
- Stories about the origin of ancient scriptures
- The path of the river
- Art, culture, etc.
- Objective achieved by HSHDB
- Book Exhibition by Academies (Granth, Sanskrit, Punjabi, Hindi & Urdu),
- Scientific by ISRO, ONGC, ASI, GSI etc.
- By Central/State Government Departments
- The closing ceremony was organized on 29th January, 2020 at Pehowa Tirath.
- The day started with Sarasvati Vandna, Havan, Chanting of Shalokas by students and stage Cultural Programme.
- Drama/Plays to display the different Indian philosophy, religions & culture and talk mentioned in the Upanishads on the last evening.The theme for these events were:
- History of the Sarasvati River
- Legends from the ancient scriptures – Veda and Upanishads
- Mementos for Performers, Organizers, Participants, Chief Guests etc.
- There were Inaugural, Technical, Heritage & Valedictory Sessions.
- The History & Geography teachers of Schools/Colleges participated in the Seminar.
- International Sarasvati Mahotsav, 2020 various programme and events.